Last night I decided that it might be a good plan to write a blog once a week that is dedicated to writing about how I have been working towards my goals, so that I can look back and reflect and feel that I am moving forward, even if the steps are teeny ones. Seeing as I have had a few weeks go by since I wrote my goals I thought I might post as to how I have been going thus far.
I guess it would be a good idea to share what my goals are for this year:
- Live life, get out and do things, experience life
- Get healthy, lose 20 kilos, stay quit from smoking
- Streamline, organise, sort out the house
- Write my story
- Spend more time with the Aspie lad – teach him
- Work on my counselling diploma
- Rediscover spirituality
So what have I done so far: I figure it’s easier to address these one by one!
1. I have made plans with my best friend to go for a kid-free weekend at the seaside in a few weeks, I have booked theatre tickets to see play of Pride and Prejudice in March, I have gone out and visited friends, I have gotten out to the pool a few times. I have also contacted Carers ACT and enquired about outings and acquired a free ticket to go to the Canberra Show this year. I have also been researching into places and events in Canberra over the year that I might go to. Would really appreciate the heads up from any friends about things that are on through the year, especially any free things 🙂
2. Sunday just gone I have one month of no smoking. I have also gone to my OA meetings over the last three weeks and I have been writing a food plan and keeping a food jounral. Over the last three weeks I have also gone on a couple of walks and gone swimming a few times, trying to increase the exercise. Have also been doing what I can to eat healthy and stick to the FODMAPS diet.
3. Since writing my goals about organising the house I have done a few things. One I am happiest about was make a flyer and try to find out who had catnapped Luna. This came under this category as I had to find a few things like puters and printers etc to make it all happen. Thanksfully we now have Luna back home! Yay. I have also cleared out my book collection and my dvd collection and the gone through the linen press and also gone through Aspie Lad’s clothes, dvds and books. I listed a few things to sell, sold a few things which is good. There is much more work to be done, but hopefully it will get there, and I have all year.
4, I have yet to start on this but I have been thinking about which story I want to write and how I need to do a brainstorm with ideas.
5. I have been spending a bit more time with the Aspie Lad, taking him swimming and to visit friends. I have not been doing so much teaching, but we have been talking more and having fun together and this is enough for now. I did talk to him about cooking and making homemade chicken nuggets 🙂
6. I have not made a start on this goal yet, but it is not going anywhere. I do feel I need to make a start on this one, so might focus on this a bit over the next week.
7. I have thought about the concept of “god” and how I don’t really think of my higher power as “God” but I didn’t really have a name for it. So, I thought about it for awhile and I realised that I think of my guiding force as being both a masculine and feminine energy and of being older than me, kind of like a grandparent who guides and nutures you. I also figured out that I don’t like the concept of praying out loud, it seems weird, as so I did some research and found the term “Nonni” which is the plural of grandparents in (I think Italian?), and so was born the concept of the Nonni book. A new jounral in which I write my prayers. I also still have my universe box, where I write my prayers. I guess we can now call it the Nonni box 🙂
So all up there have been some pretty decent leaps and bounds towards getting started on my goals, not too shabby for being three weeks into the new year 🙂